Legal Blah-blah

Healing approaches mentioned in this blog are for educational purposes only. Suggested supplements, etc. should not be used as replacements for conventional medical treatment without guidance from a licensed and trained medical professional.

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Open House and Spiced Apple Cider Punch


Happy Anniversary to Me!



My office held a 15 year anniversary open house last weekend and we had so much fun!  People that I hadn't seen in years showed up.  There was a lot of conversation and laughter, great food and my apple cider punch.  Many people asked for the apple cider punch recipe. I have made this before for other parties with sugar.  This time I used liquid stevia as the sweetener and I think it turned out very well!

 


 
 A few days before the party I got my ingredients together:



1 gallon apple cider

1 cup orange juice

1 tablespoon lemon juice

3 cinnamon sticks

1 teaspoon allspice

1 teaspoon ground cloves

2 ½ teaspoons liquid stevia OR 1 cup of sugar



Mix all ingredients in a large pot. Bring to a boil, then let simmer gently for 7-10 minutes. Let cool a bit and then strain. You can serve it warm or once cool enough can be refrigerated.



I made a stevia ginger ale ice ring by freezing the  homemade ginger ale syrup recipe in a bundt cake pan and putting orange slices in it.



 
 
To make the punch for the party, I gently warmed the bottom of the ginger ale ice ring in its pan and then slid it into the punch bowl, poured in the apple cider punch and then added 1-2 liters sparkling water and garnished with orange slices.


 

I was so busy having fun at the party, I never did get a picture of the punch bowl of goodness!

I'll be posting my Japanese chicken curry recipe sometime in the near future.

For no particular reason, here's a picture of Stretch looking at pictures on the computer. (:


No comments:

Post a Comment